The Benefits Service Center is dedicated to assisting you with benefits transactions,
providing you with benefits information, and updating your personal information quickly,
accurately, and confidentially.
Monday - Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Central Time (excluding major holidays)
During peak times, the Deere Direct phone system gives you the opportunity to leave your name,
number and message should your wait be longer than 5 minutes. Even if you call after business hours,
assistance is at hand. The Deere Direct phone system allows you to leave your name, number,
message, and the best time for us to return your call.
You may also contact us online using our Contact Us form.
Fidelity Investments® performs the administration of this benefit. Deere Direct works with retirees on a referral basis.
Retirees may be referred by Fidelity customer service or a Unit HR department.
- Contact Fidelity Investments first on all 401k issues
- If they are unable to assist you, they will refer you to Deere Direct.
Suppliers of employee services
- Fidelity Investments - 800-354-3427 or online at www.netbenefits.com
- Have your 6-digit Fidelity 401k PIN available when you call
- You can also reach Fidelity customer service by calling Deere Direct at 1-800-213-3373.
Death of a Retiree, Spouse or Dependent
Upon notification of a death, Deere Direct coordinates communication and transitions benefits.
A Deere Direct representative will update retiree personnel records and contact:
- Survivor/beneficiary to obtain death certificate and other required documents
- Review benefits
- Complete and file life insurance benefit forms
- Pension department
- Health Plan
Dependent Coverage - adding/removing a dependent to/from your benefits
Adding a dependent to your benefits:
- Call Deere Direct within 31 days of the life event change as many benefits have a short window to enroll new dependents for coverage.
- Provide the date your dependent became eligible for the benefits, e.g., birthdate, adoption, loss of other coverage.
- Provide the name, birth date, Social Security number of the dependent.
- A Deere Direct representative may take you through a script of eligibility questions.
- Deere Direct will verify which benefits you will want to add your dependent to. i.e. medical and/or dental and if you want to change/enroll in.
Removing a dependent from your benefits:
- Call Deere Direct within 31 days of the life event change.
- Provide the name of the dependent losing the coverage.
- Provide the date your dependent became ineligible for the benefits, e.g., marriage, divorce,
gain of coverage elsewhere.
- Deere Direct will verify which applicable benefits you will have changed.
- Deere Direct will update your personal records and notify the appropriate Health Plan.
- If applicable, we will explain when you will see the changes reflected on your pension statement.
Notification of health plans:
- Deere Direct will notify your Health Plan of changes in your personal information.
Major Health Plans include UHC and UHC of the River Valley.
To determine who your provider is check your member ID card or call Deere Direct.
Disabled Dependent Eligibility
Health care benefits may be impacted if your dependent child becomes disabled.
Contact Deere Direct in order to determine eligibility for continued health care benefits.
Employee Purchase Plan
Deere Direct provides general information about the Employee Purchase Plan,
advises retirees how to complete the rebate form and processes the completed form for payment.
Health care Claim/Coverage Inquiry
Questions that should be directed to the Health Plan to answer:
- Receipt of claim
- Coordination of benefits
- Explanation of Benefits (EOB) statements
- Outstanding claims
- Claims disputes
- Provider directories
- Billing errors
- Whether a medical procedure is covered under the plan and the amount of benefit
- Pre-certification of medical procedures
- Referrals to specialists (depending upon the individual plan)
Retirees have two ways that they can contact their health plan customer service representatives:
- Call the telephone number on the back of their member ID card
- Call Deere Direct and a customer service representative can help direct you.
Be prepared to provide your Social Security number or the Subscriber number on your member ID card.
Health care Coverage Information
Deere Direct provides general information regarding:
- Current medical, dental, and other plans available
- Dependents covered
- Employee premium cost
- Enrollment process and changing plans
- Health care coverage start dates
Health Savings Accounts
Deere Direct will:
- Provide information about company-provided HSA contributions
- HDHP & HSA eligibility
- HSA retiree & employer transactions
- Where & when to refer detailed HSA questions
- Fidelity - 800-354-3427 or online at www.netbenefits.com
- Be sure to have your six digit Fidelity PIN and SSN available when you call.
- You can also reach Fidelity customer service by calling Deere Direct.
In 1996, Congress passed the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996,
or HIPAA. Under HIPAA, group health plans cannot deny your application for coverage based solely on your health status.
It also gives workers who change or lose jobs better access to health insurance;
limits exclusions for pre-existing conditions; and guarantees accessibility and availability of health coverage to certain employees and individuals.
In addition, under HIPAA, you can't be denied coverage because of mental illness,
genetic information, disability, or the claims you've filed in the past.
When you leave any John Deere sponsored health plan,
UnitedHealthcare will provide a "Certificate of Creditable Coverage" in writing.
Life Event Changes
Deere Direct determines the eligibility of dependents to be covered under your benefit
plan. Your personal records will be updated to reflect the change.
Suppliers involved in delivering services to your dependent, e.g., health plans, will be notified.
Reporting Marriage - Call Deere Direct within 31 days after the date of the
marriage. Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date of the marriage
- Name, Social Security number, and date of birth of your spouse and any stepchildren.
Deere Direct will update your record and notify your health plan of the change.
Reporting Divorce - Call Deere Direct within 31 days after the divorce is final.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Date the divorce was final according to the divorce decree. You will be asked to provide a copy of the first and last page of the divorce decree for Deere Direct's records.
- Name and address of your spouse and any children or stepchildren that will be losing coverage.
Deere Direct will update your records and notify your health plan of the change.
Deere Direct will send COBRA information and UnitedHealthcare will send HIPAA information to any spouse
and/or dependents losing health care coverage.
Suppliers - Deere Direct notifies your health plan of changes in your personal information.
Major health care providers include UHC and UHC of the River Valley.
To determine who your health plan provider is check your member ID card or call Deere Direct.
Deere Direct answers questions about life insurance amounts,
provides and/or updates beneficiary information,
and files claims under the Life and AD&D policies.
Be prepared to provide the following information:
- Home/cell telephone number on file at Deere Direct
- Current address
A Power of Attorney (POA) is necessary to be on file at Deere Direct for anyone other
than the retiree to request information about life insurance policies.
Deere Direct processes personal changes such as address, phone and name.
Retirees have various ways to communicate these changes.
Call Deere Direct, be prepared to provide the following information:
- Name/address/telephone number
- New information
OR E-mail the new information using the Deere Direct Contact Us form.
This site is intended as a tool to provide useful information. The information does not, by itself, create or modify your benefits, nor create any express or implied contract. The terms, conditions, and limitations of the applicable benefit Plan(s), and all company actions in administering or interpreting those Plan(s), continue to control.
Deere & Company reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants. Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the language of the official Plan documents and the information contained on this site, the language of the official Plan documents will continue to control.